Throughout the year, InvesTex Credit Union urges you to exercise caution when using an ATM; especially at night.
Follow these basic guidelines to protect yourself:
1. Memorize your PIN and never reveal it to anyone.
2. Keep your card in a safe place, as you would cash or credit cards. Notify InvesTex
immediately if your ATM/Debit Card is lost or stolen.
3. Utilize an ATM located inside an open business whenever possible.
4. Choose a well-lit ATM for evening transactions and park nearby or stay in your car if you
use the drive-through. If you do not feel secure, use another ATM.
5. Always be aware of suspicious persons or vehicles in the area of the ATM. Trust your
gut feeling. If things don’t feel right, avoid that ATM.
6. Have your card out and ready to use before leaving your car.
7. If others are waiting to use the ATM, be sure you enter your PIN out of their view.
8. When you receive your cash, pocket it immediately and count it later in a safe place.
Remember the money is not worth getting hurt over.
9. Always take your receipt with you.
10. Do not discuss your accounts with anyone.
11. Report all robberies to police as soon as possible by calling 911.
Please report any damage to lighting or security cameras to InvesTex or to the institution whose ATM you are using. These simple tips will help you enjoy the convenience of accessing cash 24/7.